Stand Out Features
- Patented “Cappuccino System” frother that mixes steam and milk to create a creamy froth.
- Easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel with programmable menu settings.
- Grinds beans instantly with the patented, compact and easy-to-clean “Direct-to-Brew” system.
- Use your favorite coffee beans to create your perfect espresso.
- Professional-quality, conical low-pitch burr grinder with adjustable grind fineness.
- Utilize De’Longhi’s specialized call center for help in setting up and maintaining your machine.
Be Your Own Barista
The DeLonghi Magnifica maybe out of the price range of many looking for a simple Espresso machine, however if you are looking for something a little special – this could be the machine for you.
Boasting loads of cool features, the Magnifica offers everything a full size automatic machines does, but in a more streamlined and compact design that fits beautifully in any kitchen. You can prepare espresso, coffee, cappuccinos, lattes and more with relative ease – perfect for entertaining guests. Being a super-automatic and featuring a unique beans-to-brew system that grinds beans right before brewing, the ESAM3300 provides tastes and smells not found elsewhere.
If you are a fan of authentic Italian drinks, then the patented cappuccino frother is a thing of beauty. Simply place a container with milk under the nozzle to create rich, creamy froth every time. There is also a manual frother that mixes steam and milk so you can create those picture perfect textured drinks with ease. With any machine in this price range, you can expect a constant brew every time. The Magnifica ensures that each cup is automatically brewed to the perfect temperature, richness and density – and also allows you to customize the settings to your taste.
There is an integrated burr grinder which freshly grinds new beans every time to ensure maximum flavour. You can adjust the settings on the grinder to suit your specific tastes. There is also a pre-ground chamber, which is useful if you are running short on time or just want a ‘normal’ cup of coffee – it’s hard to call any cup of coffee ‘normal’ from this machine.
If you struggle to brew enough cups for your family in the morning, then the Rapid Cappuccino System maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup with ease. Not only that, but you can customize each cup and save the settings in your preferences. The machine ‘remembers’ the details about how each of you like your coffee – everything from the size of the cup to the strength of the espresso.
Before we dive into some of the customer reviews and a more technical look at the features and specifications of the DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Espresso Machine it’s important to note that is comes with a sturdy 2 year manufactures warranty – however most people who buy this machine have years of trouble-free brewing.
One of the most recent reviews is a testament to both how sturdy and great the machine really is. The customer first purchased a ESAM3300 8 years ago and using it has been the “morning ritual” – we can assume they are a heavy user. What makes this review even more amazing is the fact that he is replacing it with the exact same model – and with all the new and exciting ranges that were not out 8 years ago, it gives credit to the reliability and quality of the Magnifica. He goes onto state that the machines produces shot after shot of espresso, that in his opinion, far exceeds anything you could buy in a coffee shop – a bold claim. The only negative was the sound when grinding the beans, which I guess can be expected. Apart from that, this user couldn’t recommend the machine enough.
Another review praises the machine when it comes to cleaning. They like the fact that most of the parts can be taken out and cleaned individually as opposed to trying to clean them when attached – this was the case with their last machine. They point out that the machine is easy to operate, even with wet hands, thanks to the “nice big lever”. Another great point they raise is the aftercare from DeLonghi. When their previous machine broke, it was impossible to find spare parts or even engineers who could look at it. However DeLonghi is one of the few manufacturers that makes spare parts which are easily purchased in most repair shops.
I am actually going to quote this next review as its is only short – “This is our 4th Magnifica that we have owner over the years. Our experience is that with daily use we can expect 3 years or so out of it. Very good price. Very pleased.” I mean if someone has purchased 4 of the same machine, then DeLonghi must be doing something right!
Overall the reviews for the Magnifica Espresso Machine are outstanding but if you are still on the fence then you can read more of the reviews here.
Questions and Answers You Should Know
Question: “Can this machine make americano’s?”
Answer: There isn’t an ‘americano’ button, however it is very easy to make one. The easiest way would be to use the steam attachment and press the hot water button. Fill the cup 3/5 full of hot water and then make an espresso directly into the cup. You can adjust the amount of hot water or the strength of the espresso so suit how you like your americano.
Question: “Does it tamp automatically?”
Answer: With a machine of this caliber, the grind, tamp and extract all happen with the touch of a button. You place the whole beans into the top of the machine and the little bits of compressed and spent grounds are emptied from the bottom.
Question: “Can you change the frother wand to a metal one?”
Answer: You could – however you wouldn’t want or need to. The Pinarello steam wand has been specially designed for the home and works great with the Magnifica. You could get a professional microfoam wand, however you would see literally no difference.
Question: “Can you steam milk without frothing it?”
Answer: Of course – just keep the wand deep in the milk. You can also find some cool tips and tricks on how to use your new espresso machine here.
- The Magnifica is super compact yet high preforming – this is mainly in part thanks to DeLonghi’s patented boiler system. The amazing heat distribution assures cup after cup of perfect espressos, all at the ideal temperature.
- The stainless steel double boiler is easily removable which makes cleaning the machine a breeze. This is important because keeping the machine clean reduces the need for servicing and repairs.
- DeLonghi’s beans-to-brew system ensures that you get the freshest cup of coffee every time – and the smell is amazing. Also because it tamps automatically and fresh beans are used every time, there should be no traces of stale ground beans.
- A special Instant Reheat feature heats the core of the machine to ensure that the coffee is always at the ideal temperature – no matter how long you wait between cups.
- The machine has been designed to fit into almost any kitchen. With space being at a premium in most homes, the water tank can be removed from the front and the coffee grounds emptied without moving the machine.
- The Burr Grinder is a space saving containing for fresh beans that is fully integrated. It allows you to custom set the grinding level to suit your coffee making needs. The Magnifica can also be used with ground coffee if you prefer.
- The coffee spigot is super easy to adjust, allowing you to use your favorite cup. It can accommodate anything from a classic espresso cup to a tall mug.
Power: 1,150 watts
Rated voltage/frequency: 110 / 120V, 50 / 60 Hz
Water container capacity: 60 ounces / 1.8 liters
Beans container capacity: 7.10 ounces / 200 liters
Dimensions: 17 x 13 x 18 inches
It is pretty clear that everyone who has bought a DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Espresso Machine loves it. It is jam packed with some awesome features and can cater to pretty much all of your coffee making needs. The patented “cappuccino system” allows you to make super rich, creamy and frothy milk with ease, and then beans-to-brew system fills the house with a delicious aroma while ensuring the freshest coffee. On top of this, the DeLonghi after service gives piece of mind when spending several hundred dollars. Not only do they have a specialized call center to help you setup the machine, but they produce extensive spare parts which are easily found in most repair shops.
De’Longhi make quite a variety of espresso machines and are considered one of the best in the industry. They have machines that range from less than $100 to over $1,000 so there is something in everyone’s budget. We have reviews several of their machines and a few have even made it into our “Definitive Buying Guide: Choosing The Best Espresso Machine For Home“.
Overall this machine offers terrific value for money. It has all of the features of a super-automatic commercial machine, but for a fraction of the price. With every day use you can expect it to be trouble free for at least 3-4 years, with some reviews stating that their machines have lasted 8 years – that would put the daily cost at around just $0.20!